Job Title: Transport Analyst
Job ID/Reference: 271
Skills Level: SL4
About the role: To rationalise the provision of transport services, optimise cost and support Senior Management in increasing transport revenue and service offering to customers. To provide data analysis to review current offering and assess support senior management in assessing strategic options.
- Understand all aspects of the transport operations of Century customers.
- Manage a suite of KPIs to ensure that our customers receive an exceptional level of service.
- Work with our transport suppliers to improve the service levels experienced by our customers.
- Analyse the current transport offering to develop a comprehensive understanding of customer requirements.
- Understand in house transport operations and real costs. Work with Senior leadership to develop a strategic approach to this operation.
- Work with the current supplier base to develop relationships with all transport providers.
- Rationalise the supplier base so that Century has exceptional relationships with a smaller number of carriers.
- Work with senior management to maximise revenue from transport operations.
- Keep abreast of factors that affect transport costs and their likely impact.
- Attend customer reviews as required.
- Provide General Managers and Senior Leadership with weekly / monthly KPIs.
- Provide General Managers and Senior Leadership with analysis of budget variations.
- Provide KPIs for own in house transport operation
- Develop a good overview of all customers and operations in order to identify areas of potential.
- Ensure the vehicle is maximised and day to day running of the vehicle
- Attend and support regular reviews with the customer and operational teams as required.
- Liaise and manage the commercial relationships with the chosen transport partners
- Understand customers development plans.
Qualifications and Skill Required:
- At least five years working in a transport environment
- Transport procurement experience
- Good understanding of pallet transport rates and relevant service levels
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Able to work on own initiative
- Analytical mind & ability to dive into data
- Driving licence and willingness to travel within the region (no overnight stays expected)
- CPC holder with experience of traffic planning – not needed I don’t believe
- Experience of parcel couriers solutions and management of
- Experience of Freight Forwarders (desirable not essential)
- Experience of customer proposals
- Compliance of vehicle and trailers
Special Factors: The role is a new position, and the candidate should therefore be prepared for the role to change and develop over the next 12-18 months.
"How Can Our Services Help Your Business?
We’d love to discuss your requirements, so why not 'Get In Touch Today'