Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Job ID/Reference: 331
Location: Saxham G60
Skills Level: SL4
About the role: Leading the Saxham warehouse operation to deliver the operational service required by Century and our customers. This role encompasses both the Dorel Juvenile and Saxham Multiuser, and this is a key role as we look to further merge our Saxham operations.
- Numerate and literate with a good level of education to GCSE standard or equivalent
- ILM Level 2 in Leadership and Management (or equivalent) or currently/willing to study for this
- Experienced in Warehouse Management Systems
- Warehouse operations experience.
- Significant people management experience having previously worked at a supervisor level either within Century or in a previous role outside of the company
- Full clean driving licence.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Qualifications to operate PPT.
- Work with the customers in order to understand their requirements and expectations and acting as the senior Century staff on the shop floor.
- Understand our customers’ issues and help drive business improvements.
- Assist the managers and other supervisors in their roles.
- To ensure that all staff on site operate within all current legislation.
- Produce regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Work with General/Operations Manager on all operational matters
- Support the objective of Safety in operations by ensuring H&S management best practice is applied, and investigations and corrective actions are applied rigorously.
- Ensure staff act and conduct themselves in a safe manner in accordance with H&S guidelines.
- Ensure site housekeeping is carried out regularly.
- Ensure MHE is checked daily before use.
- Support the team to ensure that stock records are kept accurate and up to date.
- Ensure operational activities (intake, put away, pick, pack, label, despatch) are conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Monitor and manage staff productivity and accuracy and take action as required
- Help ensure that we have an informed team and support development of a continuous improvement culture.
- Develop relationships throughout the business in order to create a larger team that will assist one another and thus exist as part of the operation as a whole, not isolated and focused on our own domain.
- Optimise the utilisation of all assets across the operations
- Identify areas of risk to the business and help develop appropriate contingency plans to reduce the risk to an acceptable level.
- Support the Management Team in their regular meetings and reports to the customer
- Learn specific product requirements and ensure we fulfil these across the operation
- Be able to develop relationships with supplier representatives to aid operational efficiencies.
Get A FREE Logistics Health Check For Your Business & See How Much Better It Could Be - Just CLICK HERE
"How Can Our Services Help Your Business?
We’d love to discuss your requirements, so why not 'Get In Touch Today'