Operations Supervisor – Night Shift
Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Job ID/Reference: 262
Location: Saxham – Multi-User
Skills Level: SL4
Salary: £27,000-£32,500 per annum
About the role: Leading the warehouse teams to deliver the operational service required by our customer.
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Numerate and literate with a good level of education to GCSE standard or equivalent
- ILM Level 2 in Leadership and Management (or equivalent) or currently/willing to study for this
- Experienced in Warehouse Management Systems
- Warehouse Operations experience.
- Significant people management experience having previously worked at a Supervisor level either within Century or in a previous role outside of the Company.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Work with the customers to understand their requirements and expectations and acting as the senior Century staff on the shop floor.
- To train, develop and motivate staff within framework of Job Descriptions, and competency and skills matrix.
- To ensure that all staff on site operate within all current legislation.
- Work with site managers to ensure H&S management best practice is applied, and investigations and corrective actions are applied rigorously
- Ensure staff act and conduct themselves in a safe manner in accordance with H&S Guidelines
- Ensure site housekeeping is carried out regularly.
- Ensure MHE is checked daily before use.
- Support the team to ensure that stock records are kept accurate and up to date.
- Ensure operational activities (intake, put away, pick, pack, label, despatch) are conducted in an accurate and timely manner.
- Report any H&S issues including accidents and near miss incidents
- Report any operational issues which occur so that these can be managed and resolved as swiftly as possible
- Help ensure that we have an informed team and support development of a continuous improvement culture.
- Support the Management Team in their regular meetings and reports to the customer
- Learn specific product requirements and ensure we fulfil these across the operation
- Understand the required timescales for activities planned in the future, and ensure that the resource is in place to achieve them
- Support the personal development of people across the contracts within a framework of job descriptions, competency, and skills matrix.
- Manage customer packing inventory and co-ordinate with supplies to ensure continuous stocks maintained
- Build and maintain relationships across various departments and with the customer
- Cover shift rotations when shift team leader absent.
Get A FREE Logistics Health Check For Your Business & See How Much Better It Could Be - Just CLICK HERE
"How Can Our Services Help Your Business?
We’d love to discuss your requirements, so why not 'Get In Touch Today'