H&S Compliance Manager
Job Title: H&S Compliance Manager
Job ID/Reference: 252
Location: Saxham/Various Sites
Skills Level: SL5
Salary: Depending on experience
About the role: Provide leadership, support, and technical advice in order to help the business maintain, develop and continually improve all aspects of Health & Safety. Compliance, Environmental, Quality and Facilities Management. Responsibilities include the management of services and processes that support the core business and ensuring the organisation has the most suitable working environment for it’s employees and their activities through strategic planning and day to day activities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- NEBOSH qualification or membership or associate of IOSH/IIRSM.
- Structured, well organised, and self-motivated.
- Prepared to travel to other Century sites and business travel UK wide and be flexible with time management to suit operational requirements.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A team player who can influence peers and deliver performance improvements through a structured and systematic approach.
- Change management skills and leading multi-site business projects.
- Highly numerate and literate with excellent IT skills, specifically Microsoft platform.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience within a logistics environment Full UK driving licence.
- Ability to clearly communicate at all levels building credibility and commitment.
- Experience of managing external relationships with enforcement authorities and external.
- Experience in accreditation submissions, approval, and ongoing management – BRC,
- ISO, Customs Warehousing etc.
- Auditing experience and ability to develop action plans.
- Be able to work in a consistent calm, controlled, positive and effective manner under own
- initiative in a changing environment.
- To organise and facilitate effective regular Health & Safety meetings and support the teams to ensure action points are completed in a timely manner.
- Plan and implement new policies and procedures to raise and/or maintain safety standards, monitoring and reviewing those policies and procedures to ensure their effectiveness and implementing protective and preventative measures as required.
- As a Health and Safety lead, you will use your knowledge and skills to promote a positive health and safety culture in the business.
- Ensuring suitable and sufficient risk assessments are in place across all operations.
- Ensuring suitable and sufficient SSOW are in place across all operations.
- Being the lead on all site and building facilities management to ensure safe working conditions for employees and contractors alike.
- Control and management of weekly workplace assessments and working in conjunction with site Management to proactively manage areas of risk.
- Review compliance systems and methods as necessary to meet changing needs of the company.
- Overview of staff training requirements, priorities, and implementation.
- Implement policies, procedures, and systems to supply, collate and report out quality data in management meetings.
- Study existing and new legislation. Staying current on industry standards for environment and quality.
- To be able to carry out internal audits and inspections for both Health and Safety and ISO standards. Provide support and tracking progress.
- To analyse from near miss reports and propose practicable accident prevention plans.
- Ensure regular communication to all employees in the form of Toolbox talks.
- Confidence to hold safety conversations with all employees.
- Coach Managers and Supervisors to take accountability for the delivery of compliance performance and ensure they take ownership of it.
- Ensure all employees are aware of their safety, environmental and security responsibilities under Century’s policies and procedures allowing alignment and consistency across our sites.
- Meet with Managers on a regular basis and ensure you are aware of the key matters facing our customers and Century.
- Ensure the implementation of company audit schedules.
"How Can Our Services Help Your Business?
We’d love to discuss your requirements, so why not 'Get In Touch Today'